Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I had another episode

Today I had another one of my episodes. They consist of me first feeling a little sick to my stomach. That passes and I start to feel a little dizzy or disoriented. After a few minutes of that, my body starts to feel weak and I have to sit down. I often get to the point where I have to make a concentrated effort to speak. And the final phase is I start feel as if I will pass out and I lose strength in my body and have trouble holding myself up.

This happened to me today while I was at Costco. I had two things going for me. One - the kids weren't with me (Robbie was at preschool and today was Alyssa's day with the nanny) and Kasey was with me. He was able to get me to the car where I was able to recover.

It's a bit scary. I get worried because sometimes, I can't recover. I get worried that I will have an episode like this when it's just me and the kids. Robbie knows what to do. He will just call his dad. But what if I am drifting in and out so much that I can't keep track of the kids? I worry that I will pass out in public somewhere and while, I'm fairly certain Robbie will stay next to me (we've discussed it many times), Alyssa will take the opportunity to leave. I worry that Robbie will be torn between leaving my side and chasing his sister.

This is why I am no longer working. It's episodes like these that we are trying everything we can to avoid. I guess I over did it a little this weekend. I just hope that I have paid the price and the worst is behind me.

No comments: